PROMPT: Describe differences between TPACK, SAMR and SECTIONS

TPACK stands for Technological, Pedagogical, and Content Knowledge. I believe this means they are all about knowledge. Whereas SAMR is Substitution, Augmentation, Modification, and Redefinition, which involves the focus on educational technology. Finally, SECTIONS, stands for Students, Ease of Use, Costs, Teaching Design, Interaction, Organizational Issues, Networking, and Security and Privacy. I believe that SECTIONS is about the overall usage for students and the opportunity it allows educators to provide to their students. The main difference I found between the three is TPACK if focussed on the knowledge and content of what the students are learning, SAMR is focused on the technology used for the student, and SECTIONS is focused on the impact all of this will have on both the student and the educator.

As stated in Bate’s video, SECTIONS and SAMR work very well together for students and educators. This could be because as stated in my paragraph above, SAMR focusses on technology education and SECTION focusses on the impact the resources have on the students. Therefore, if we carefully review the technology we choose to use, then use SECTIONS to finalize our analyzation and to consider how it will impact our students and if it will be beneficial, we can then decide whether the technology is worth keeping.

Resources

7. choosing media. YouTube. (2020, April 23). Retrieved June 19, 2022, from https://youtu.be/-W79hGvukTs